Apricot and Apple Bread
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 25 minutes
- A spray of pure vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp low fat yoghurt
- 175g wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 ml water.
Healthy boost ingredients
- 1 banana, mashed
- 2 grated apples (unpeeled)
- 60g dried apricots, chopped.
If you haven’t got a loaf tin, just shape the mixture into a loaf shape and bake on an oven tray or baking sheet
You could use raisins or sultanas rather than dried apricot.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4
- Lightly spray a 2lb loaf tin
- In a bowl, mix the banana, apples and apricots with the yogurt
- In another bowl, mix the flour and baking powder together
- Add the fruit/yoghurt to the flour and stir in the water, mixing thoroughly
- Place the mixture into the loaf tin and bake for 25 minutes until firm and golden. The bread is cooked when a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean
- Leaving to cool before serving. The bread will keep for 2 days at room temperature or 4 days in the fridge.