Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 320g fresh tomatoes, chopped into chunks
- Good pinch of pepper
- 4 wholemeal muffins, split in half
- 125g light mozzarella, sliced
- 10g chopped fresh chives (optional).
Healthy boost ingredients
- 240g mushrooms
- 4 spring onions (80g), chopped.
Add a pinch of dried oregano or some fresh basil leaves for an Italian flavour
If you prefer a hard cheese, try using a reduced fat cheddar style cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 180 °/gas 4
- Add the oil to a pan then add the mushrooms and cook for 3–4 minutes stirring regularly
- Now add the spring onions, tomatoes and pepper and cook another 3 minutes
- Meanwhile lightly toast the muffins and place them on a large baking tray
- Divide the mushroom and tomato mixture between the muffins
- Top with the mozzarella cheese and bake for 10 –12 minutes then sprinkle with a few chives to serve.