Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 1 tbsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1cm (1/2 in) piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp medium curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 225g (8oz) small cauliflower florets
- 85g (3oz) red split lentils
- 450ml (16fl oz) homemade or reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 85g (3oz) frozen peas
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- Heat oil in a non-stick saucepan; add onion, garlic and ginger and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add cumin, coriander, curry powder and garam masala; cook gently for 1 minute, stirring. Add cauliflower florets; cook gently for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add lentils and stock; stir to mix. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until lentils are just cooked and tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in peas. Bring to the boil; simmer, uncovered, for about 4 minutes or until peas are cooked, stirring occasionally. Stir in chopped coriander (if using). Serve immediately.
Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of the British Heart Foundation. Find more heart healthy recipes at bhf.org.uk/recipefinder