Chicken chow mein
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
- dash sunflower oil
- 1 onion, halved and then thinly sliced
- 2 chicken breasts, shreddedinto thin 4cm-long strips
- 1 carrot, cut into 2cm-long matchsticks
- 125g shiitake mushrooms
- 1 courgette, cut into sticks100g frozen soya beans, defrosted
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g pack ready-cooked egg noodles
- Add the sunflower oil to a large pan or wok, then add the onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the chicken and stir constantly for 3-4 minutes, making sure the pieces don’t stick together.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms and courgette. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes, again, stirring constantly.
- Next, add the soya beans, Chinese five-spice, soy sauce, garlic and noodles.
- Mix well for another 3-4 minutes until the noodles are hot through.
Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of the Diabetes UK. For more ways to enjoy food visit www.diabetes.org.uk/enjoyfood