Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 1 tsp pure vegetable oil
- 2–3 tsp medium curry powder
- 1 large onion (160g), chopped
- 1 low salt chicken stock cube and 300 ml water
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (350g)
- 1 x 400g tin tomatoes
- 1 apple (90g), cored and chopped but not peeled
- 1 x 400 g tin chickpeas, drained
- 2 tbsp 0% fat yoghurt
- 10g coriander, roughly chopped (optional)
- basmati rice (not in nutritional analysis).
Healthy boost ingredients
- 2 carrots (160g), chopped
- 1 large sweet potato (160g), diced.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Add the onion and fry for 2–3 minutes until softened
- Add the curry powder and continue to cook for 1 minute
- Now add the stock, chicken, carrots, sweet potato and tomatoes, cover and simmer for 15 minutes
- Add the apple and chickpeas and cook a further 10 minutes
- Stir through the yogurt, garnish with coriander if using, and serve with basmati rice.