Chicken Shish Kebab in Wholemeal Pitta
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 5 minutes
- 320g skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 skewers
- 80g lettuce leaves
- 80g cucumber, sliced
- 2 fresh tomatoes (160g), sliced
- 4 wholemeal pitta breads.
Healthy boost ingredients
- 1 large onion (160g), cut into chunks
- 2 large red pepper (160g), cut into chunks
- 1 large courgette (160g), cut into chunks.
If using wooden skewers soak in water for 10 minutes before using so they don’t burn.
- Thread the chicken onto 4 skewers, alternating with chunks of onion, pepper and courgette
- Place the skewers under a hot grill for 4–5 minutes, turning regularly until cooked (the chicken juices run clear)
- Meanwhile, lightly toast the pitta breads then stuff with lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes
- Add the skewers and serve.