Creamy Tomato Soup
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion (80g), roughly chopped
- 1 carrot (80g) roughly chopped
- 1 x 400g tin tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 low salt vegetable stock cube dissolved in 600 ml water
- 3 tbsp 0% fat Greek style yoghurt.
Healthy boost ingredients
- 1–2 red peppers, (160g) roughly chopped
- 80g red lentils.
Try adding ½ tsp dried basil along with the tomato puree.
- Add oil to a pan then add the onion and carrot and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring regularly
- Add the peppers, tomatoes, puree, lentils and vegetable stock, stir and bring the soup to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils are soft
- Remove from the heat, stir in the yoghurt and blend until smooth
- Serve with freshly ground black pepper