Easy egg-fried rice
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 small fresh green or red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 175g (6oz) cooked long grain brown rice (cooked weight is given – see Cook’s Tips)
- 85g (3oz) frozen peas, defrosted
- 85g (3oz) beansprouts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp reduced-salt soy sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat rapeseed oil in a non-stick wok or frying pan. Add chilli, green pepper and spring onions; stir-fry over a medium-high heat for 2–3 minutes.
- Add rice, peas and beansprouts; stir-fry for 3–4 minutes or until rice is piping hot. Add beaten eggs; stir-fry for 1–2 minutes or until egg is cooked. Stir in soy sauce and black pepper.
- Serve immediately on its own or with cooked vegetables or a mixed leaf salad.
Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of the British Heart Foundation. Find more heart healthy recipes at bhf.org.uk/recipefinder