Extra Fruity Jam Sponge Pudding
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
- 1 egg, beaten
- 50ml rapeseed oil
- 100ml skimmed milk
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 25g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 2 tbsp 0% fat yoghurt to serve.
Healthy boost ingredients
- 320g frozen mixed berries, defrosted.
Try using other fruits such as apple and blackberry or pears or stewed rhubarb.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas 4
- Stir the berries and jam together, place in a basin and microwave 2 minutes, mixing until the jam melts into the juice
- Meanwhile, put the egg, oil and milk into a mixing bowl and beat together for 1 minute, until the mixture is smooth and creamy
- Mix together the flours and baking powder, add the sweetener and fold into the egg mixture until thoroughly combined
- Carefully pour over the fruit and bake in a preheated oven for 15–18 minutes until lightly golden brown
- Serve with a blob of yoghurt.