Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 55 minutes
- 200g potatoes, chopped (washed thoroughly, no need to peel)
- 1 tsp pure vegetable oil
- 1 large red pepper (160g), finely chopped
- 1 medium leek (170g) chopped
- 280g cod or any skinless fillet of white fish, cubed
- 280g salmon (skinless steak or fillet), cubed
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 1 fish stock cube
- 400ml skimmed milk
- Good pinch white pepper
- Good grind black pepper.
Healthy boost ingredients
- 160g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 160g mushrooms, sliced.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Boil the potatoes and sweet potatoes for 15–20 minutes until soft. Mash and set aside
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the pepper, mushrooms and leeks stirring regularly, until they soften, about 5 minutes
- Sprinkle flour over the vegetables then crumble the stock cube over. Mix well until the vegetables are all coated
- Slowly stir in a quarter of the milk until it becomes quite thick, then gradually stir in the rest, stirring constantly, until it comes to the boil. Stir in the white pepper
- Add the sauce to an ovenproof dish and arrange the fish so that it is evenly distributed
- Top with the potato and bake for 25–35 minutes until the sauce starts bubbling through the potato, sprinkle with black pepper and serve.