Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 1 tsp pure vegetable oil
- 1 large onion (160g), chopped
- 300g boneless diced lamb leg
- 160g mushrooms
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2–3 tsp Balti curry paste
- ½ chili, finely chopped into rings
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 lamb stock cube and 500 ml water
- 250g basmati rice to serve
- 1 spring onion, very finely sliced.
Healthy boost ingredients
- 1 green pepper (160g) chopped
- 1–2 carrots (160g), chopped
- 160g sweet potato
- 80g red lentils.
- Add oil to a pan then add the onion and cook 3–4 minutes until softened, then add the diced lamb and cook 2–3 minutes
- Now add the pepper and carrot and cook 3–4 minutes, then add the mushrooms, garlic and sweet potato and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the curry paste and stir well to coat everything
- Now add the chilli and tomatoes and stock and bring to a gentle boil then simmer for 20 minutes
- Now add the lentils, cover and simmer a further 15 minutes until the lamb is tender
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to pack instructions and serve with the lamb, sprinkled with the spring onion.