Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
- dash olive oil
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 350g cubed lean lamb
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 heaped tsp dried mint
- 1 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 heaped tsp cumin
- 1⁄4 tsp chilli flakes
- pinch salt
- 50g dried apricots, halved
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- Add oil to a pan, then add the onion and cook for 3 minutes until starting to brown. Add the lamb and stir for another couple of minutes to brown the outside.
- Add the carrots, yellow pepper, tomatoes, mint, cinnamon, cumin, chilli flakes, 200ml water and salt. Bring to a gentle boil, turn the heat down, add a lid and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the apricots and chickpeas, and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with couscous, rice or flatbread, and salad.
Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of the Diabetes UK. For more ways to enjoy food visit www.diabetes.org.uk/enjoyfood