Marinated chicken skewers with couscous
Prep: 20 minutes + 20 minutes to marinate
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into strips
- 4 tbsp buttermilk
- 1 tsp pesto
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 large mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 150g couscous
- 200ml boiling chicken stock
- grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 80g bag rocket leaves
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Place the chicken, buttermilk, pesto and garlic into a bowl and stir well to combine. Soak the wooden skewers in water for 15 minutes to prevent them from burning.
- Leave to marinate for 20 minutes. Thread the chicken onto skewers alternating with the pepper and mushrooms.
- Place under a hot grill and grill for 6-7 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous into a bowl, pour over the stock and lemon zest and juice. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir through the rocket leaves and spring onions and serve with the chicken skewers.
Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of the Diabetes UK. For more ways to enjoy food visit www.diabetes.org.uk/enjoyfood