Pork balls with tomato sauce and spaghetti
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 175g dried spaghetti
- 150g pork mince
- ½ small onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic (optional), crushed
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 x 500g carton/jar passata
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mince, onion, garlic (if using) and oregano. Season well and shape into 6 balls.
- Preheat the grill. Place the meatballs onto a baking tray and grill for 6-7 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through.
- Drain the pasta, stir through the passata and tomato purée. Add the meatballs and heat through.
Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of the Diabetes UK. For more ways to enjoy food visit www.diabetes.org.uk/enjoyfood