Potato wedges with dips
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 30 minutes
- 8 baking potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp paprika
- For the garlic and herb dip
- 200g tub light cream cheese
- 200g pot fromage frais
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- For the spicy tomato salsa
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 red chilli
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
- Place the potato wedges in a large pan of boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and place in a large roasting tin.
- Mix together the oil and the paprika and toss through the potato wedges. Place on a baking tray and cook for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp.
- For the garlic and herb dip, simply combine all the ingredients and spoon into a serving dish.
- Drain any excess liquid from the tomatoes then blend with the chilli, garlic and coriander for 30 seconds. Spoon into a serving dish.
- Serve the potatoes with the dips.
Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of the Diabetes UK. For more ways to enjoy food visit www.diabetes.org.uk/enjoyfood