Quick Pea and Butter Bean Soup
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes – requires blender
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil
- 2 onions (160g), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (optional)
- Good pinch pepper
- Pinch thyme and pinch to serve
- 2 reduced salt vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 1.2 litres water
- 3 tbsp 0% fat Greek yoghurt
To serve: Wholemeal bread rolls (not in nutritional analysis).
Healthy boost ingredients
- 500g frozen peas
- 2 x 400g tin butterbeans drained and rinsed.
Try adding other herbs such as mint or oregano.
- Add oil to a pan then add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes, stirring regularly, to soften – don’t brown the onion
- Add the garlic, peas, pepper, thyme and vegetable stock stir and bring the soup to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 2 minutes
- Add the butter beans and bring back to boiling point then remove from the heat, stir in 2 tablespoons of the yoghurt and blend until smooth
- Serve topped with a small blob of low fat plain or greek style yoghurt, a little thyme and freshly ground black pepper.