Roasted red peppers with tuna and herbs
Serves: Makes 16 canapes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 35 minutes
- 2 large peppers, each one deseeded and cut lengthways into quarters
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Freshly ground black pepper pinch of chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 150g (5 1/2oz) tuna in spring water, drained weight
- 3-4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1/2-1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas mark 4. Cut each red pepper quarter in half at a slight angle. Sit them snugly in a roasting tray, skin side down.
- Mist the pepper pieces with cooking spray. Season with pepper and chilli (if using). Roast for 15 minutes then scatter garlic over evenly and roast for another 20 minutes until the peppers are softened and blacken around the edges, and the garlic is golden.
- Meanwhile, mix together the tuna, oil and parsley. Add lemon zest, juice and black pepper to taste. Place a teaspoon of the tuna mix into each pepper. Arrange on a plate and secure each pepper with a cocktail stick.
Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of the British Heart Foundation. Find more heart healthy recipes at bhf.org.uk/recipefinder