Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1-3 green chillies (depending on how hot you like it), finely chopped
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh ginger
• 1 tsp turmeric
• pinch salt
• 750g potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
• ½ -1½ tsp red chilli powder
• 750g spinach leaves, washed and chopped.
1. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for 2–3 minutes until softened
2. Stir in the turmeric and salt and cook for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and red chilli powder, stir, cover and cook for 15–20 minutes over a medium heat, stirring regularly
3. Stir through the spinach, cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and the mixture quite dry.
Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of Diabetes UK