Spiced apple & raisin muesli bars
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20-25 minutes
• 2 bananas
• 2 apples, cored and finely ￼ chopped, but not peeled
• 175g rolled oats
• 150ml apple juice
• 40g raisins
• 40g mixed seeds, such as sunflower and pumpkin
• 1 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp rapeseed oil.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ gas 4. With a fork, thoroughly mash the bananas, then beat them a little
2. Add the apples, oats, apple juice, raisins, seeds and cinnamon.
3. Oil a baking sheet and spread out the mixture to a depth of 2cm
4. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes.
5. Allow to cool, cut into 16 portions and serve.
Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of Diabetes UK