Spicy bean burgers
Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 1 slice wholemeal bread, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 400g tin mixed beans, drained and rinsed (240g)
- 2 tsp mild smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 wholemeal rolls
- Leaves from 1 little gem lettuce (90g)
- 2 large tomatoes (160g), sliced
- 1 large red onion (80g), thinly sliced.
Healthy boost ingredients
- 2 onions (160g), grated
- 1 large carrot (160g), grated.
- In a bowl, with a fork mix the bread with the egg to create a rough paste
- Place the beans in a large bowl and roughly mash. Stir in the remaining ingredients and combine well, then add the bread and egg mixture and mix together (with your hands is best) until everything is combined
- Divide the mixture into 4 and form each into patties or burgers
- Place on a nonstick baking sheet and grill for 4–5 minutes each side
- Serve in a wholemeal roll filled with lettuce, tomatoes and red onion.
Download the recipe here: Spicy bean burgers