Flaked tuna and cherry tomato pasta salad
Serves: 2 – 4
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 100g (3 1/2oz) dried wholewheat fusilli or penne pasta
- 5 tablespoons passata
- 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- A pinch of caster sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons shredded fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 100g (3 1/2oz) sugar snap peas, chopped
- 140g (50z) cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 198g (7oz) can tuna steak in spring water, drained and flaked
- Cook pasta according to packet directions until just tender. Rinse under cold running water to cool and drain thoroughly. Place in a serving bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together passata, oil, vinegar, sugar, basil and black pepper. Pour dressing over pasta; toss to mix well.
- Add spring onions, yellow pepper, sugar snap peas, cherry tomatoes and tuna to pasta; toss lightly to mix. Serve immediately or cover and chill until ready to serve.
Recipe reproduced with the kind permission of the British Heart Foundation. Find more heart healthy recipes at bhf.org.uk/recipefinder