Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 courgette (160g), grated
- 1 slice wholemeal bread, crumbed
- Good pinch white pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp pure vegetable oil
- 1 large red pepper (160g), finely chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 250g wholemeal pasta shapes
To serve: Parmesan shavings to serve (not in nutritional analysis).
Healthy boost ingredients
- 1 large onion (160g), grated
- 1 large carrot (160g), grated.
- Mix together the mince, onion, carrot, courgette
- Mix the bread, egg and white pepper together then add to the mince
- Shape into 12 large balls and place onto a baking tray and grill for 7– 8 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through
- In a separate pan, add the oil and red pepper and cook for 4 – 5 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and oregano bring to the boil then blend until smooth
- Bring the sauce back to boiling point, add the meatballs, turn down the heat and simmer gently for 3 minutes
- Meanwhile cook the pasta according to the pack instructions. Put the pasta into serving bowls and top with the sauce.